Wednesday, January 11, 2012

16g HK motor troubleshooting

Well, when I tested it, it just jerked around and got really hot.  That was disappointing and a bit frustrating after having spent a really long time winding it.  After a bit of interweb browsing, I found the issue.  I'd followed the wrong winding pattern.  So I used three wires, each one wrapped around three poles, all wound in the same direction.  That was cool.  The problem was that  I didn't respect the start and end points of the winding pattern seen below:
In the diagram, I accidentally put End A next to start C... or something like that.  Luckily it was an easy fix.  I just unwound the improperly wound wire and redid it correctly.
Functioning motor functions!  Now to get T-copter flying....

8 comments: